Mosaic tile is a very decorative building material that has always appeared in our kitchen and bathroom as a small area decoration. Today, mosaics are decorative into the living room, appearing in our porch and wall, bringing more and better decoration to our home. What methods do we have when laying the mosaic?
First, the specification selection
When we choose the specifications of the mosaic, we must first have a certain typesetting on its specifications. The glass mosaic is generally 308mm*308mm, the joint gap is 2mm, and the layout modulus is 310mm. The size of the back of each small mosaic is about 18mm*18mm, the intergranular gap is 2mm, and the modulus of each patch can be 20mm. For the window partition, if the mantissa of the size of the row is not divisible by 20mm, a row of mosaics can not be discharged, and can only be adjusted through the division.
Second, before the paving
Before we lay the mosaic tile, we must first use cement to make a thin batch on the mortar surface, and then each mosaic is filled with white cement slurry. The paved mosaic is about 15 to 30 minutes and can be swept in several times.
Third, scraping into the paving
The mosaic surface is laid on the wooden board, and the cement slurry is scraped into the mosaic gap with an iron trowel. After the gap is filled, a 2 mm thick cement paste bonding layer is scraped on the surface. If the shop is white or light-colored mosaic, the bonding layer and the caulking cement should be prepared using white cement. When the cement slurry is not condensed, there is fluidity. After the mosaic is applied to the wall, there will be a slight drop under the effect of self-weight; after the glass mosaic is laid, the wooden clapper should be used to sew and adjust.
Fourth, purchase attention
When we are shopping for mosaics, we must first observe them. A glass mosaic with stripes and other decorations, the decorative area of the decoration should account for more than 20% of the total area, and the distribution is even. The back of a monolithic glass mosaic should have a jagged or stepped groove so that the layup will be stronger. In addition to ensuring the adhesive strength, the adhesive used should be easily wiped off from the glass mosaic. The adhesive used can not damage the back paper or discolor the glass mosaic.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Pay attention to tile safety
- How to prevent empty tiles from appearing and d...
- How to choose the color of the tile?
- How to maintain polished?
- What is a good way to repair polished crashes?
- Choose floor or polished tile?
- How to choose kitchen tiles?
- Ceramic tile basic forming method
- Why the whole body brick distinctive
- Tile raw materials
- Is the full glazed tile worth to buy? What are ...
- Mosaic tile buying skills
- What are the mistakes when purchasing bathroom ...
- Advantages and disadvantages of fully polished ...
- Wooden tile paving steps
- The Features of Mosaic wall tile
- How about the full polished glazed tile
- The features of stone mosaic tile
- How to choose bathroom wall tiles
- Laying wood tiles is good for home